RIGHT HAND DRIVE VEHICLE CONVERSION AT AMERICAN VEHICLE SALES
For 22 years American Vehicle Sales have been Importing, converting and complying American Trucks and Cars to Australia. In this time we have moved with the trends, changes and developments that come with the process of the Conversion of a vehicle from left hand to right hand drive, to deliver a high class quality of conversion to our customers.
VIEW THE VIDEO
REQUEST A BROCHURE
SERVING LOCAL & INTERNATIONAL MARKETS
Locally, American Vehicle Sales provide right hand drive vehicle conversions to customers in Australia.
We also serve the International market, supplying vehicles to customers that also drive Right Hand Drive throughout the world.
Our main priority is to maintain customer satisfaction throughout your purchasing and driving experience, with the conversion process playing a major part in this.
MAINTAINING THE QUALITY
An example of our attention to detail can be found with our right hand drive converted Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra, Petrol and Turbo Diesel trucks.
We retain the factory dual glove box and provide the soft touch padded leather and hand stitched dash, which is synonymous with the new Silverado dashboard and interior.
A FULL STEERING CONVERSION
An American Vehicle Sales conversion is a full steering conversion.
We do not use any linkages or chains to join left to right.
A new dash, wiring loom, heater unit, wiper conversion, seat and window control panels, rear vision mirror re-alignment and metrication of all dash gauges are just some of the changes we apply to the right hand drive conversion, producing a final product that meets or exceeds the finish of the original factory units.
WITH ATTENTION TO DETAIL
The park brake is placed in the left hand side of the foot well, providing ample comfort and driver safety as opposed to being installed near the accelerator. Our attention to detail and quality of finished product are what we pride ourselves on.
The air conditioning from factory is retained, with consistent flow throughout all vents and we also convert the factory 110v Power out to 240V in all American Imported vehicles.
Seating wise, the electrics for the driver and passenger seats are converted, to allow full functionality of heated and cooled seats and power movement.
Find out more about the extensive model range on offer at American Vehicle Sales
by contacting our professional team today.
The total right hand drive conversion processes involve many major changes; it is not just a matter of swapping a steering wheel over.
Our right hand drive conversion processes begin with the removal of the vehicles interior along with the front end sheet metal, radiator, headlamps, grille and bumper. As each part is removed it is safely stored in a protective, purposely designed storage system.
Once the vehicle has been prepared our qualified technicians then install a variety of specially designed Jigs to ensure both a professional finish and ISO accredited uniformity of production.
While these Jigs do vary from model to model they all serve the same purpose of aligning key components such as steering, firewall, dashboard frame and air conditioning to name a few.
We take great care in our Right Hand Drive Conversion design process to ensure that the serviceability of our completed vehicles either matches or improves on the factory units where possible.
Our dashboards housings are completely new, we do not “cut and shut” the old plastic dashboard. “Cutting and Shutting” involves cutting an original left hand drive dash into sections then plastic welding and gluing it back together. Such a product often does not fair well over time on our harsh Australian roads.
Our one piece right hand drive dash housing provides excellent rigidity and a factory type finish while retaining driver ergonomics with the steering wheel centralized to the drivers position.
Our conversion teams consist of specialists in welding, fibreglass, sheet metal, auto electrical, motor mechanics and pattern making.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A CONVERSION
First and Foremost, you should expect the company selling or converting the vehicle is a RAWS (Registered Automotive Workshop) and that they hold current compliance.
The following are just a few of the many items installed by American Vehicle Sales that meet or exceed Australian Design Rules. These items may vary from model to model.
- Australian compliant headlight system
- New Dashboard (manufactured in house). We do not re use and/or use the old dash.
- New right hand drive power steering is installed using General Motors steering arms for ease of service life.
- Full windscreen wiper conversion to allow the wipers to sweep to the right hand side.
- Australian Design Rule Compliant safety belts (front and rear) and Australian compliant child seat anchorages where applicable
- New windscreen in compliance with Australian Standards.
- Re-manufactured air conditioning system.
- Australian Standards immobilization system fitted.
- Original firewall insulation is re installed for a quieter ride.
- New side indicators fitted.
- New tyres fitted in accordance with manufacturer specification
- Metrication of all functions such as Temperature gauge, oil pressure and Speedometer
- Exterior mirrors are re aligned to compensate for the driver who now sits on the right hand side
- Window switch controls converted to allow original functionality for the driver
- Centre console lids are converted to allow easy access by the driver where possible
- Plus a range of minor new components and purpose designed components are installed
COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN
American Vehicle Sales utilize many forms of modern technology including 3D digital scanning, computer aided design (CAD) and subsequent computer aided production of parts. Our sophisticated design and production process ensures a factory finish product designed to last the distance.